The Saints Prayer Website

Short Stories on the Lives of the Saints
Prayers/Litanies/Invocations/Novenas/etc.
This website-http://thesaintsprayers.blogspot.com/
Main website-http://thesaintsstories.blogspot.com/
__________________________________

A Chief Spiritual Work of Mercy
Pray for the living and the dead.
Here is a link to the main "The Saints" website of a list of prayer intentions sent in by visitors.
http://thesaintsstories.blogspot.com/2008/07/chief-spiritual-work-of-mercy.html
___________________________________

Share Your Favorite Prayers
If you would like to share any of your favorite novenas, invocations, or any type of prayer with the world. You may e-mail them to Rita at: SHJ31990@yahoo.com
Please put, "Prayers", in the subject box.

5/26/2008

Evening Prayers

Evening Prayers

O ALMIGHTY and Eternal God! Prostrate before Your Divine Majesty, I adore You with all possible reverence. I believe and hold for certain all You have revealed to Your holy Church. I hope in Your infinite goodness and mercy, and I love You with all my heart.

O Great and Almighty God! I kneel before You to thank You with my whole heart for all the favors which You have bestowed on me this day; for my food and drink, my health and all my powers of body and soul. I thank You for all Your lights and inspirations, for Your care and protection, and for all those other mercies which I do not now recall, or which I do not value as I ought. I thank You for them all, O heavenly Father. Through Jesus Christ, Your Son, Our Lord.

Act of Contrition
"Oh, my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee; and I detest all my sins because I dread the lost of Heaven and the pains of Hell: but most of all because they offend Thee, my God, Who art all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve with the help of Thy grace, to confess my sins, to do penance, and to amend my life. Amen."

Prayer for the Dead
O GOD, the Creator and Redeemer of all the faithful, grant to the souls of Your servants departed full remission of all their sins, that, through our devout prayers, they may obtain the pardon, which they have always desired. Who live and reign, world without end. Amen.

V. Eternal rest grant to them, O Lord.
R. And let perpetual light shine upon them.
V. May they rest in peace.
R. Amen.

No comments: